View Order
Call Us 0117 921 1770
Email Us

In this section

Margaux AC 2014
Key to symbols
  • White
  • Red
  • Rosé
  • White/Red Sweet
  • 161. Margaux AC 2014

    Château des Graviers

    61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 8% total of Petit Verdot, Carménère and Malbec (13% alc.)

    37.5cl (2015) Log in
    75cl Log in

    Each grape in this wine is produced on the terroir best suited to its qualities and vigneron Christophe Landry practices a different method of pruning for each grape. His merlot is aged in 400ltr barrels and cabernet sauvignon in 225 ltr barrels, naturally. The percentage of new oak is adjusted according to the strength of the vintage – and from the outstanding 2014 vintage, represented one third with the balance comprising one and two year old barrels. It offers a clear, bright black cherry colour, a kernel of rich fruit with great depth, and superb texture with good freshness and marked mineral flavours. Very, very long on the finish. For drinking now to 2025.

Share this
Further details
Christophe Landry
Arsac (Gironde)
Size of domaine
8.15 hectares
61% Cabernet Sauvignon, 26% Merlot, 5% Cabernet Franc, 8% total of Petit Verdot, Carménère and Malbec. Massale selection ; 30 years old vines. Different types of pruning according to the grapes (Guyot double for cabernet sauvignon, Cordon for Cabernet Franc, à fenêtre for Merlot). 6666 vines per hectare.
Deep quaternary gravels. 23 to 28 m above sea-level. Soil is 8 to 18m deep. South/West aspect on 3 to 8 ° slopes.
Debudding but no vendanges en vert. Soil is ploughed in April and June; allow the grass to grow every other row at the end of summer. The grass grows naturally from August to March/April. Sulphur is used against oidium and copper against mildiou. Fern manure and skins of oranges are used against insects and pests. No chemical herbicides or pesticides. No fertilizers. Harvested by hand and sorting table is used. 45 hectos per hectare yield.
No cold soak. 90% destalking. Grapes are not crushed. Alcoholic fermentation in stainless steel vats for one week (at 28°C on average - 30°C max.) using natural, indigenous yeasts. No chaptalisation. Vats are thermoregulated. Between 8 and 15 remontages / pigeages during the fermentation. 3 weeks cuvaison with 6 to 8 remontages / pigeages, then pressed (vertical press with two 5hl cages) and put into oak. The press wine is kept separate until the end of the malolactic fermentation then blended. Aged for 12 months in 225L and 400 L barrels (20% new – 80% 1 to 3 years old); medium heat for 225L and long heat for 400L. One racking. Rolling the barrels in order to do lees stiring. The wine is neither fined nor filtered. Two bottlings (one in March and one in September) done by a service provider. 51.000 bottles produced.
Related links
  • None available.