View Order
Call Us 0117 921 1770
Email Us

In this section

Saint-Emilion Grand Cru AC 2012
Key to symbols
  • White
  • Red
  • Rosé
  • White/Red Sweet
  • 150. Saint-Emilion Grand Cru AC 2012

    Château Haut-Segottes

    60% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon (14% alc.)

    Log in to view prices

    This comes from superbly situated vineyards on the plateau of Figeac and Cheval Blanc, still tended personally by the devoted Madame André. It’s a wine with a great heart of concentrated healthy fruit and savoury tannins. For drinking now to 2021.

Share this
Further details
Madame Danielle Meunier, Château Haut-Segottes
Chateau Haut Segottes, Saint Emilion
Size of domaine
9 hectares
60% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc, 5% Cabernet Sauvignon trained to single and double guyot. Root stocks- Riparia Gloire, 101-14 and 3309. Average age of vines 30 years and plant density of 5,400 vines per hectare.
Sand and clay mix over clay with outbreaks of iron.
De-buds and green harvests. Ploughs 80% of vineyard and the remaining 20% has grass between alternate rows. Ploughs between spring and the vintage. Vines butted up in the autumn and debutted during spring. Sulphur to prevent oidium. Organic fertiliser in the autumn. Vineyard selection rather than table de trie. Yield is between 48-50h/h
100% de-stalked and no crushing. Fermentation 90% in cement cuves and 10% in stainless steel at between 28-30C for 14 days. Remontage twice a day. Total cuvaison 3-4 weeks. Press wine kept separate. Elevage in fûts (1/3rd new and 2/3rds 1 and 2 year old, medium toast) for 12 months. Racked 4 times a year. Fines with egg white and plaque filtered before bottling. Bottle once per vintage. Total production: 30,000 bottles.
Related links
  • None available.